RECIPE: HOMEMADE BREATH MINTS
A tasty way to improve an occasional bad breath.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Use two large baking trays and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, chicken stock, mint and parsley together. Taste the mixture and add more mint if necessary. Add the egg and stir to combine.
- Knead the dough until it forms a ball and roll out until it’s about half an inch thick.
- Using a knife, cut the dough into slices or using a cookie cutter, create fun shapes.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking trays (leaving enough space in between) and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
• If your dog has a wheat allergy, use white or oat flour instead.
• Adjust the mint according to the likes of your dog.
• You can also add in chopped bacon, cheese or liver powder.
* Consult with your veterinarian about any allergies your dog may have.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: ±60 minutes