The Benefits Of Pet Ownership
Owning a pet is beneficial for your overall health and well-being. Petting, holding or cuddling a pet increases the levels of serotonin and dopamine in our bodies, which are feel-good, calming brain chemicals.
While there is no guarantee that owning a pet will prevent allergies in children, evidence suggests the dander in their fur may help. Dogs’ sense of smell is also incredible. Some canines are capable of detecting cancer and several pet owners have reported that their dog saved their life.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A PET
- Blood pressure
- Cholesterol levels
- Triglyceride levels
- Feelings of loneliness
- Feelings of depression
- Safety and security
- Psychological well-being
- Opportunities for exercise
- Opportunities for socialization
- Opportunities for outdoor activities
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes positive energy
- Provides a sense of purpose
- Teaches children responsibility
- Reduces the need for medical care
- Eases chronic pain such as migraines
- Great source of comfort and companionship
- Develops nurturing and empathy skills in children
- Provides companionship to children with learning difficulties
If you have a pet, you know what true and unconditional love is. Pets care about you no matter who you are and you will always matter to them. They will often lend an attentive ear and are always there to comfort us when things get a little crazy. Nobody else is happier to see you and sometimes they even bring you the newspaper!